Sunday, January 19, 2014

More Like "More Good Than Bad"

I'm sorry it has taken me so darn long to write this review. In my defense, my school had exams this week and they were very stressful, much like...
More Bad Than Good

We started this episode with Peter and Derek still tied up in a torture chamber of sorts. There was a disturbing Hispanic couple there asking about a Shewolf (Cora?). They really wanted to know and eventually cut off Peter's finger which was disgusting. Later, there was a gun battle upstairs and low-and-behold "The Girl" runs downstairs to save Derek and Peter. I had so many questions but my confusion tripled when she said that Deucalion had hired her to save them... WHAAA....WHATTTTT??!?!!?? Anyways... She saved them and they went into the house and took some sort of wooden container with the werewolf trinity on it. I have so many questions... But can I add that Derek was looking seriously F-I-N-E this episode. Someone obviously took my advice and when to the spa.

The trio of suicide teens are still experiencing their minds going crazy. This included Allison having a hallucination of Kate EATING HER INNARDS!!!!!!!! Jeff Davis obviously agrees that Kate will forever be a creeper that preys on teenagers. I'm also really curious to know what Allison does while in a trance. We always know where she ends up, but how does she get there. 
We also had more Scott and Kira (I'm thinking of calling them Scira, pronounced sk-ear-uh), who I think are adorable and beautiful. The moment with Kira's dad was perfect and if they don't get together soon it will be an injustice to my soul. For once Scott isn't the goofy one making a fool out of himself and I love it. Our little boy has finally grown up. In this episode, we had Scott trying to learn how to roar to turn Malia back into a human with the help of the twins. They really didn't help much and just beat the crap out of Scott because of his "performance issues". I laughed at that for quite some time...
Stiles was on point this episode, especially with Isaac's scarves. That whole bit was such a nod to the fans it made me so happy. We also saw Stiles saving Lydia and it was a truly beautiful moment. All I have to say is STYDIA IS REAL!!!!

And finally what the episode was really about... the Werecoyote/Malia. Stiles and Scott found her cave and concluded that I was right :) Malia had transformed while her mom was driving, resulting in a crash and the death of her mom and younger sister. Malia was running all over town looking for the baby doll Stiles had stolen from the car wreck and it was causing chaos everywhere. The gang was looking for her in the woods so that Scott could roar her back into a human. Little did they know Malia's father was putting traps all over the woods and Isaac and Lydia both got stuck in one. The father was also running around the woods with a gun trying to shoot Malia. Allison took care of him by shooting him with horse tranquilizer (WHICH WASN'T MENTIONED EVER AGAIN, LIKE APPARENTLY HE GETS SHOT WITH TRANQUILIZERS ON A REGULAR BASIS AND DIDN'T QUESTION IT... this irritated me). Stiles figured out that the baby doll that Malia was trying to retrieve was her sisters, and she was trying to put it at the car wreck where her sister had died, sort of like flowers at a grave. Scott met Malia at the car and howled at her until she turned into a beautiful young woman. Malia and her father were reunited (AND HER FATHER DIDN'T ASK THE SHERIFF WHO HAD SHOT HIM WITH TRANQUILIZER), and it was very nice.

I really liked this episode, but it was very... confusing. Not in the sense that I didn't know what was going on (although I had my moments), but in a "this is a TV show" way. What I mean is, I was very confused as to why they seemed to wrap up a lot of story lines so soon. First we had a some-what conclusion with Malia and her seemingly (and understandably) crazy father. Then we had the trio all overcoming some form of their insanity with Scott transforming, Stiles reading, and Allison shooting. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of this but still... Why add a kind-of resolution so soon? Also, we saw the Sheriff closing the door on Agent McCall which I assume means that that case is closed. It was all very... odd. I still loved the episode, it was just weird. Although the weirdest part of the episode was by far at the end when a hooded figure (please be Jennifer, please be Jennifer, please be Jennifer) approached the nemeton and pulled out a sprout, allowing all the people-forming fireflies to escape (?????!!?!?!??!!!!????). Whatever... At this point I have given up on predicting what will happen on Teen Wolf. Have a Wolftastic Moonday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment