Sunday, January 5, 2014

What Does The Fox... Kill?

So what is a... KITSUNE?!?!?!?!

In light of the season premiere tomorrow I decided to do a little research on Beacon Hills newest critter, the Kitsune. A large part of the Japanese mythology, the Kitsune is believed to be a fox with magical abilities including transforming into a human form. Some other powers include...
  • Mouths and tails that can produce fire or lightning
  • Going into someones dreams 
  • Flight and invisibility (everyones dream)
  • The ability to change time and space (*cough cough* time lord *cough*)
  • and I quote, "the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality", and they can "drive people mad". 
That is the big one seeing as the entire season looks like it's going to be one big hallucination.


I also found that they can posses people, usually women, and when they transform into a human it is usually into the form of a young women or older man. Kira does not seem very innocent anymore. Still beautiful... but...





Also, this dude...

(I feel harsh things towards him because he wants to kill Stiles, something I'm NOT okay with.)







Also one more large thing to add; there are thirteen different kinds of Kitsunes but the one that stood out to me was the kitsune corresponding with the Void or darkness. The old dude pictured above said something about a void in the promo which makes me wonder if there will be more than one kitsune in town; a good and a bad. My prediction is that Kira is good and this creepy man (or old dude) is bad.

There is also everything about demons which I don't even want to get into because...I just...ugh....no.... Welp, have a WOLFTASTIC premiere day!!! and it was nice knowing you because I will probably die tomorrow :D

P.S. The article that I got most of my info from is linked here mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Kitsune. It was very interesting and helpful; I would encourage you to read it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment